Superintendent Hopson is making it possible for thousands of students to get an enriching and exciting academic experience this summer, all for FREE in a safe and fun school setting! In 2017, more than 6,200 elementary students attended the Superintendent’s Summer Learning Academy and showed strong academic gains in the following year as a result. This year, we’re expanding to serve over 10,000 students in ALL grades across nearly 50 sites.
The 2018 Summer Learning Academy takes place June 11 – July 14 for grades K-8 and June 11 – July 7 for high school.
Students will get a full day of stimulating literacy, math and STEM lessons, as well as music, arts, health and even fun summer field trips. Plus, our NEW “Kickoff to Kindergarten” program features hands-on learning to promote school readiness for rising Kindergarteners, and we’re offering NEW specialized programs for middle and high school students, including robotics, music production, dance, creative writing, visual arts, CSI and sports.
Once again, meals are FREE for all students, and extended day learning is available for elementary sites from 7 a.m. – 6 p.m. Transportation is not provided for the Summer Learning Academy.
How to Register & Apply:
- Apply at scsk12.org beginning March 19. Full list of K-12 sites coming soon!
- Have multiple children? Be sure to submit an application for every child.
- Acceptance letters will be emailed to parents before the end of the school year.
- Students who are not accepted will be added to a waiting list.
- Parents will register at their assigned summer academy site June 6-8.
- Registration requirements include: acceptance letter with principal and counselor signatures, final report card and proof of 2018-19 registration.
For more information, call (901) 416-5300.
Share this Post