- More than 40,000 (36%) students live in a household with an annual income of less than $10,000.
- 6 out of 10 are economically disadvantaged.
- 12,000 have a disability.
- Nearly 1 out of 10 is a non-native English speaker.
- 111,500 students, 6,600 teachers.
- $1 billion operating budget + federal + nutrition + private + emergency funds equals = $1.45 billion.
Economic prosperity in Shelby County rests on the educational success of our children despite their unique challenges.
Share this Post