Whether your child is a returning student from the previous school year or brand new to Shelby County Schools, his/her enrollment begins by registering online. Parents can register online for their child’s zoned school or an approved school choice location.
Students must be registered for 2018-19 in an SCS-managed school to apply for the Superintendent’s Summer Learning Academy. Academies are FREE, and we have new specialized programs for Kindergarten, middle school and high school this year! Spaces are limited, so don’t wait to register and apply.
What you need to register:
- All returning students require a PowerSchool account. Don’t have one? Contact your child’s school or call 416-6007.
- All new SCS students must visit their zoned school or approved school choice location to get a PowerSchool account for registration. Find your assigned school here. Get school choice info here.
- New students and SCS students who change home address must have two (2) approved proofs of residence. Additional information is required for shared residency. See requirements here.
- Students must be up to date on required immunizations and physicals or have an approved exemption on file to attend school. See requirements here.
- Verify if your child will ride the bus at school before day 1. This will ensure your child has a bus assignment. Find your bus stop here.
District-wide Registration Night is Thursday, April 5. ALL schools will be open 4:30 – 7:30 p.m.
Share this Post