Mike KernellEducation, Advocacy, Research, and Media
Read Mike Kernell's School Board (Boardmember 2014-2018) Summer 2018 Report.
Trouble reading the flip book? Click here for PDF version
2018 Summer SurveyI Want to Hear From You!
How it Works:
Personal contact information is optional, as as all answers. Many questions are intended for ( but not limited to ) parents and teachers. If you work with the schools as a contractor ( or perform contracted work) , or are a concerned citizen or taxpayer, please take the opportunity to respond and add your comments at the end.
~ Mike Kernell
Shelby County SchoolsBy the Numbers
- More than 40,000 (36%) students live in a household with an annual income of less than $10,000.
- 6 out of 10 are economically disadvantaged.
- 12,000 have a disability.
- Nearly 1 out of 10 is a non-native English speaker.
- 111,500 students, 6,600 teachers.
- $1 billion operating budget + federal + nutrition + private + emergency funds equals = $1.45 billion.
Economic prosperity in Shelby County rests on the educational success of our children despite their unique challenges.
Recent Board Business MeetingsAgendas, Docs, and Video Replays
Share this Post