Mike KernellEducation, Advocacy, Research, and Media
Read Mike Kernell's School Board Summer Report featuring things that are happening and things you might like to know.
Trouble reading the flip book? Click here for PDF version
2018 Summer SurveyI Want to Hear From You!
How it Works:
Personal contact information is optional, as as all answers. Many questions are intended for ( but not limited to ) parents and teachers. If you work with the schools as a contractor ( or perform contracted work) , or are a concerned citizen or taxpayer, please take the opportunity to respond and add your comments at the end.
~ Mike Kernell
Shelby County SchoolsBy the Numbers
- More than 40,000 (36%) students live in a household with an annual income of less than $10,000.
- 6 out of 10 are economically disadvantaged.
- 12,000 have a disability.
- Nearly 1 out of 10 is a non-native English speaker.
- 111,500 students, 6,600 teachers.
- $1 billion operating budget + federal + nutrition + private + emergency funds equals = $1.45 billion.
Economic prosperity in Shelby County rests on the educational success of our children despite their unique challenges.
Recent Board Business MeetingsAgendas, Docs, and Video Replays
Share this Post