Mike KernellShelby County Schools
Boardmember, District 9
Read Mike Kernell's School Board Summer Report featuring things that are happening and things you might like to know.
Trouble reading the flip book? Click here for PDF version
2018 Summer SurveyI Want to Hear From You!
How it Works:
Personal contact information is optional, as as all answers. Many questions are intended for ( but not limited to ) parents and teachers. If you work with the schools as a contractor ( or perform contracted work) , or are a concerned citizen or taxpayer, please take the opportunity to respond and add your comments at the end.
~ Mike Kernell
Shelby County SchoolsBy the Numbers
- More than 40,000 (36%) students live in a household with an annual income of less than $10,000.
- 6 out of 10 are economically disadvantaged.
- 12,000 have a disability.
- Nearly 1 out of 10 is a non-native English speaker.
- 111,500 students, 6,600 teachers.
- $1 billion operating budget + federal + nutrition + private + emergency funds equals = $1.45 billion.
Economic prosperity in Shelby County rests on the educational success of our children despite their unique challenges.
C2 InstituteCollege, Career and Technical Education
Shelby County Schools is always working to stay on the cutting edge of education to ensure our students are successful post-graduation. Beginning this fall, students will have the opportunity to receive hands-on education through our expanded College, Career and Technology Education program, rebranded as the C2 Institute.
A fair will be held for students and families on Wednesday, July 25, 2018 in the University of Memphis University Center Ballroom from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. to showcase the new and expanded offerings in the program. Students will have the opportunity to get information on courses, internship opportunities and dual enrollment programs for college credit. They will also see live demos and workshops about industries like robotics, automotive, IT and more.
Learn More and Register
Parent Welcome Center Open All Summer
- Bilingual assistance available/asistencia bilingue
- Help with Info-Snap & online registration
- Information about District programs and services
- Details on transfer options
- Support with family and community services
- Assistance with individual student concerns
- Answers to questions about transportation
Ready to Answer Your Call!
Monday – Friday
7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Ready to Help You in Person!
Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m..
2687 Avery Avenue, Memphis, TN 38112
Recent Board Business MeetingsAgendas, Docs, and Video Replays
Share this Post